Thursday, November 21, 2013

Insturctional Methods

Instructional methods

What methods line up with my teaching philosophy?
I believe Teaching strategies and materials are less important than good teaching. I believe in character education which provides a foundation for students in a democracy to be able to improve their life and their ability to respect, be responsible, care, and work for happiness.  I agree a lot with progressivism. I believe teachers have to help students help themselves when it comes to learning and taking an active role in their education. I also believe that teachers should be a guide to students helping them find their passions and interests and expanding on them. Because progressivism relies a lot on interpersonal relationships, I believe these skills need to be strengthened in the classroom because it helps to transition students to the real world when they are out of school. I also believe in social Reconstructionist, and agree that society’s hope for a better future lies with how and what our children are learning. From reading the book ‘School’, I learned about democratic education, which is another philosophy I agree with. When we involve students in how and what they learn, it brings rich values to their educational life such as self-determination within a community of equals, justice, respect, and trust. We are teaching without force, by appealing to a child’s natural curiosity, which gets them interested in school and the world around them. Democratic education is teaching our children to learn through experience and to help them make the most of the opportunities they have in life right now. Democratic teaching also helps children explore their changing world, as well as helping them to express and cultivate their individuality by giving them choices, not demands.  


 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment